An excellent Friends of Saron committee meeting was held last Thursday 11 Feb.
Matters discussed included:-
- An outline programme for 2016 to include further meetings and volunteer days to improve the heritage, habitat & educational value of the graveyard.
- Progress of bid to Heritage Lottery Fund for funding to repair a collapsed retaining wall.
- Erection of memorial plaque on masonry plinth for notable but unmarked grave of Rev W. Morgan who has a descendant still living in Troedyrhiw.
- Adopt-a-grave scheme to ensure ongoing care of graves where families can’t be traced.
- Pursuing links with groups and individuals that may wish to work with us on certain events and activities.
Also, these dates for the next two months were decided. Please make a note of them and do your best to attend. We would love to see you at these events:-
- Thur Mar 17 – Committee Meeting – 6.30pm – Angel Inn
- Sat Mar 19 – Volunteer Day – From 10.0am – Saron Graveyard
- Thur Apr 21 – AGM – 6.30pm – The Willows Centre (To be confirmed)
- Sat Apr 23 – Volunteer Day – From 10.00am Saron Graveyard